Thursday 31 May 2012

TO THE FUTUREEE


Ah the good old days, when all you
needed was a phone to make calls and
texts... What a joke.

Now, I don’t know about any of you, but sometimes I sit and think about what the future will bring. Will I be obese? Will I be a spinster? Will I ever earn more than 15 dollars an hour? And the big question, the main query, the only one that really makes me wonder and sweat and drool thinking about it… Will there ever be a phone greater and more functional than the iPhone?


I have spoken before about how much my iPhone makes up a part of my life, and I’m sure that many people can relate. There isn’t much the iPhone can’t do, or any smart phone for that matter. 
The view from Google Maps.
You can now communicate verbally with your phone to complete tasks like send texts to people without using your fingers, or make up dates or finalise appointments in your calendar. And it’s not just smart phones; TVs can now think for themselves, you can record multiple television programs, you can Skype across the world by using the Internet, you can use social networking sites to track down your old High School boyfriend to see if he became attractive since you ended, medicine can cure almost any disease, dead people’s limbs are being sewn to live bodies so that people can walk again, you can inject chemicals into your skin to decrease the signs of aging, you can film and record anything, you can use Google Maps to track your journey and see your own house from a satellite, and so much more! 
The best game ever,
before you
knew better.
There are so many amazing things that are accessible and possible in this modern world.
Which poses the question, is there much more technology that can be invented? Can it get much more advanced than it already has? In my life time alone (I’ll be 20 on Bastille Day this year) there has been a major revolution of technology, one that can be compared to the Industrial Revolution, which completely changed and revamped the world. In this relatively short revolution, computers became common place, email and networking websites were created, the population of mobile phones grew and DVDs replaced VCR.  These few major creations gave birth to more necessary areas of development, and which have since continuously been growing. In the past two years, technology seems to have reached a peak. Is there much further to go? I feel as if there isn’t.
Technology wise, I wouldn’t mind if it just stopped. All I want is for my iPhone’s battery to last longer, and have a less likelihood of breaking, regardless of how many times it slips from my grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment